When we talk about change, we’re really talking about little things you do everyday. Instead of, say, taking the elevator, you take the stairs. Instead of drinking soda, you decide to drink water. All those changes can really add up, and you can track them with fitsmi’s Change machine.
Choose from our Eat, Move, and Inspire Changes to create your own plan for getting healthy. You can choose how often you want to make each Change–daily, weekly, monthly, today… whenever! If you’re just getting started, here are some tips for choosing which Changes to add to your plan:
1. Think about what you want to accomplish. Do you want to lose weight? Have more energy? Gain more confidence? If you have a lot of goals, try to focus on one or two you consider the most important, then choose Changes that can help you reach your goal(s).
2. Don’t bite off more than you can chew (No pun intended). It’s one thing to challenge yourself and another to overdo it. For example, if it’s a 10 mile hike from your house to school, you may want to reconsider adding Walk To School And Back to your plan. It’s better to start out with a few manageable Changes and mix in more over time.
3. Since the whole idea of the Change Machine is to make positive changes in your life, try zeroing in on Changes that aren’t part of your routine right now. For example, if you rush off to school every day without eating breakfast, you may want to add Eat Breakfast! (Everyday, If You Can).
4. Maxing out your plan with too many Changes can be overwhelming. Try sticking to a number you can handle. If you don’t feel a difference in a week, you can always add more Changes or commit to making Changes more frequently.
5. Ratings and comments on Changes give you an idea of how other girls like making the Change, which can help you choose which ones to try.
You can track your Changes publicly or privately from your Me page. Just check off the Changes you made and watch them add up! Some Changes have an option to add notes, so you can add more details. And if you forget to track a Change, it’s easy to go back and check it off later.
Tweak Your Plan
Getting healthy is all about finding a plan that works for you. You might find yourself making one Change every day without a problem, while another is a little tougher than you expected. That’s okay! You can customize your plan any time, and we have some tips to help you get it just right:
1. Having a hard time making a Change every day? Notch it down to 2 or 3 days a week until it becomes a habit, then ramp up the Change gradually.
2. Challenge yourself to a new Change every once in a while. You don’t have to commit to making the Change a part of your routine, but trying new Changes is a great way to discover new ways to get healthy.
4. After a while, you might find yourself making certain Changes every day without even thinking about it. That’s when it’s time to level up! Switch out Changes that have become healthy habits, and replace them with one or two that are more challenging.